High Ability Learner Offerings
High ability offerings are critical to meeting the varied needs of all students at Fossil Ridge Intermediate School. These offerings are challenging, rigorous, and will increase the learning levels of high achieving/high ability students. To meet our student’s diverse educational needs, a variety of options are offered throughout each of our core classes as well as additional learning opportunities afforded to our students during the academic school day.
- Cluster Grouping by skills ability and/or interest
- Flexible Grouping (Core Areas)
- Science 7 Honors/Enrichment
- Science 6 Research Team
- Homebase Math
- Math Counts Competitive Math Team
- Leadership and Service Opportunities
- Young Author’s
- Advanced Technology Course
- Exploratory Learning Opportunities: Science Fair, Dramatic Arts, Advanced Choir, etc.
- Language Arts 6 Honors Program (click here for Honors Letter)
We strive to meet EVERY student’s needs at Fossil Ridge. Talk with your counselor for more information regarding the variety of rigorous offerings available for our high ability/high achieving learners.