Faculty and Staff
FACULTY ONLY Links
Fossil Ridge Vision Statement
In order to provide the most effective education and learning opportunities possible, Fossil Ridge Intermediate School is committed to the following standards that characterize an exemplary school. The realization of these exemplary school standards is based on the collective commitments of the Fossil Ridge faculty staff, students, and community. In order to be an exemplary school, Fossil Ridge is committed to achieving the following:
An exemplary school is only as good as the personnel that it employs. Therefore, an exemplary school is committed to recruiting, supporting and maintaining outstanding faculty and staff members who are committed to student learning and furthering the school's mission and vision.
- Fossil Ridge faculty and staff are committed to being an active part of our school's Professional Learning Community.
- Fossil Ridge faculty and staff are committed to staying current on best practices in the educational field.
- Fossil Ridge faculty and staff are committed to maintaining high standards and expectations for student learning.
- Fossil Ridge faculty and staff are committed to doing whatever it takes to help students meet high achievement expectations.
- Fossil Ridge faculty and staff are committed to being part of an interdependent team that take an active part in frequent professional collaboration focused on curriculum, instruction, student learning, and effective interventions.
- Fossil Ridge faculty and staff are committed to supporting the school's vision and mission.
- Fossil Ridge faculty and staff are committed to professional relationships that are characterized by support, encouragement, collective cooperation, and mutual respect.
Faculty Bios, Blogs, and eMail
Most questions regarding faculty and staff can be visted in the "faculty section" of the site. Then, simply click on the department of the educator (or staff member) desired. When the selection is made, the department will expand and the names of the department members will be visible, as well as the department leaders information. Simply click on the desired educator and a photo, short biography, links to email and blogs, and other information will become active. Various departments include: Fossil Ridge Administration Consumer & Technology Education, Fine Arts, Utah & World History, Language Arts, Math, Physical Education, Science, and Various Subjects
FACULTY RESTRICTED LINKS
The "Faculty Only" links are reserved for just that...faculty and staff. Fossil eMail: for faculty and staff to access eMail, canlendars, or online documentation. Powerschool Login, from teacher grade access, daily attendance, to seating charts.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS INCLUDE
Self Service HOME ACCESS | SCHOOL ACCESS: for employment history, financial history, and benefit management.
USING INTERNET EXPLORER...LOG INTO KRONOS --> THEN CLICK ON "MY LINKS" --> THEN CLICK "SELF SERVICE"
- KASS: for previous and future absences, and subsitute requests.
- The FRIS Teacher Information Blog: This blog will have all forms and information pertinent to faculty meetings, as well as: PLC Calendars, district form links, student referal link, and curriculum mapping forms.
- Local Tech Request: Click on this link to fill out a form for tech assistance in the classroom. Please be as detailed as possible. PLEASE NOTE: Each request will be completed in the order that it was received. Please do not submit the same request more than once.
- Department Collaboration Form: use for department leads to submit collaboration meetings for PLC.
- AIR DEMO : This is a demo of the new testing system being implemented during the 2013-2014 school year.